In 1 page, using Google Trends, you will attempt to tell a story based on your analysis of the data. You are trying to see if you can find correlations with certain search terms/items. Develop a hypothesis on how the terms you selected are correlated and use Google Trends to find data to support or disprove your hypothesis.
Ideas for possible search terms:
- Current event, social movement, popular product, politics, entertainment [song, book, celebrity], hashtag, etc.
Things to look for: Long-term trends, Short-term trends, Patterns, & Relationships.
Write a one page summary of your findings including:
- What terms you compared and how/why you changed those terms as you narrowed in on finding a correlation?
- What was your hypothesis?
- Explain what the charts/data visualizations are showing? Include two of the charts/visualizations in your submission as appendices to your one page summary. The charts won’t count towards your page count!
- Develop an explanation for why the trend or correlation exists.
*You MUST find a trend and provide a theory on why that trend exists. If your original terms don’t appear to have any correlation modify your terms. You can include what you originally thought you would see but didn’t in your summary. However, dig deeper and try to find a correlation.
Google Trends Help:
FAQ about Google Trends: