Please respond to the following prompt. Your analytic memo.
The parameters for your response are as follows:
- The response must be between 850-1150 words. Students that fall short of the required word count will receive a 10% deduction.
- You must cite a minimum of 3 scholarly sources– news media articles do not count as scholarly sources, only peer reviewed journals, books, etc.
- You must cite all sources clearly and consistently, regardless of the citation style you choose be sure to keep it consistent.
- You must include a works cited (not part of the word count) at the end.
- You response should include considerable reflection on the pertinent course terms and concepts, failing to reference these consistently throughout will result in a deduction.
Week 4 Prompt
In the following op-ed Dr. Patricia Williams, a prominent scholar of race and law, argues for the continuing need for affirmative action. If you were going to team up with Dr. Williams in a debate on the importance of diversity-based policies, what scholarly argument would you put forward in the debate? In your response, be sure to explore the theories of identity that emphasize how important diversity is, and the efficacy of diversity policies discussed in Sociological research.
The link to the op-ed is here: