Assignment: Healthy People 2030 Scavenger Hunt
This assignment is worth 100 points and will require approximately two to three hours of your time. Please complete and submit this worksheet by following the steps below.
Part 1: General scavenger hunt. Please
visit https://www.healthypeople.gov in order to answer questions 1-5.
- Visit the “About” tab and briefly state what Healthy People 2030 [HP 2030] is.
- What are Foundation Health Measures?
- What are the HP 2030 vision and mission?
- How does Healthy People define health literacy?
- Briefly describe the history of Healthy People.
Part 2: Your Unique Topic Area. Please
visit https://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/browse-objectives and select the topical area of interest to you. Use this information to answer questions 6-10.
- What was the topic you selected?
- What is the HP 2030 goal associated with this topic?
- List one specific objective related to this topic. Briefly discuss how you can tell if we are making progress in achieving this objective.
- Why is this selected topic important to the health of the nation? In your response, list at least one piece of supporting data to reiterate importance of this topic.
- Describe one type of intervention or resource cited in HP 2030 that may help improve health with specific reference to this topic you have
Students must upload a copy of this completed worksheet to Canvas