1. Why is Medicare an easy mark for fraudulent equipment sales? What are “Ghost Services?” Provide your thoughts on the U.S. health-care system and explain why it is vulnerable to fraud, waste, and abuse.
2. Explain the different forms of excessive medical billing. What are some of the criticisms of Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) regarding how medical care is provided for patients?
3. Who was the initial casualty of the first law of electronic crime? Who were the “phone phreaks and what was the “blue box” used for? Provide your thoughts and comments on electronic computer crime.
4. Why is it appropriate to criminally prosecute hackers for simply breaking into government computers? Should those individuals who break into private corporations or educational facilities be prosecuted if no other criminal activity occurs? Please be sure to provide examples in your answer.
5. Americans in previous generations have had modest expectations in regard to wealth; they were conformists interested in jobs and economic security. Why is the environment different today Find an example, outside of those provided in Chapter 13, where huge bonuses have been paid to executives. Do you think these bonuses were justified? Why or why not?