There are many important factors that you need to be aware of when considering the use of personality assessments. Not only do assessments need to be reliable and valid, but they also need to be culturally appropriate and sensitive to the diversities and needs of people from various backgrounds [Cheung, 2009].
The objective of this case study is to help you to develop the skills to critically evaluate the applicability of personality assessments primarily developed and framed by western ideologies and notions of self when working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Writing a case study analysis, critique the use and applicability of current assessments in measuring personality and notions of self from a group below.
This group will form the basis of your case study.
The case study analysis word limit is 1,200 words excluding references [+/-10%], and the following tasks apply:
• You will choose a group from the list below.
• Provide a justification on why it is necessary to critique the use and applicability of current assessments in measuring personality and notions of self with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Your analysis should consider the potential consequences, issues and risks of using western methodologies and concepts when measuring the personality of individuals from your chosen group.
• You should also consider the current recommendations for practice when conducting culturally sensitive assessments.
• In-text referencing and a full reference list must be included and must adhere to the APA7th guidelines