I have to answer the 15 prompts my professor has given me in essay form (the prompts and more detailed instructions are in the uploaded files). I would like the essay to be less than 2 pages long, these are the instructions my professor gave me.
There are approximately 15 prompts.
The first 9 prompts would require one sentence each to answer. Prompt #10 is required to be answered in one sentence.
The remaining 5 prompts will each require several sentences to complete. The best rule of thumb is a minimum three (3) sentences for each of those 5 prompt.
Please do not use Wikipedia as a source or a website that has a Godfather essay you (the writer) can use as a reference. The essay needs to be 100 percent written by the writer, plagiarism free.
Film Analysis Worksheet
Once you have seen the film assigned for this week, please complete this worksheet in essay form.
- Answer as many of the prompts as applicable.
- Do not let the concerns about writing an analysis prevent you from fully enjoying the experience
- Film analysis for this course should reflect the personal thoughts of the student and are to be personally written by the student. Using quotes or other text from published or internet reviews, publicity information, or press releases for the film is not allowed. Please write your own thoughts using these
- If you do use other sources (that are not internet reviews, publicity information or press releases) besides your own opinion, be sure to cite your sources as
- Try to grasp the fundamental story as it is unfolding.
- Try to come to terms with what impact the film had on you, if
- Remember, you do not have to like everything you see but you still must have an opinion about what you
- Not every film will be important in the history of the cinema or even important in your life. Hope that it entertains you, keeps your mind active and presents something
- Titles of films must be written in all CAPITAL LETTERS or bold or underlined or in italics or in
To submit your worksheet:
- Click the assignment in the module
- Click the “Submit Assignment” button
- Click on “Choose File” to attach your completed assignment file
- Click “Submit “
Your written analysis needs to include the following:
- Name of the film
- Year made
- Major stars/actors
- In which genre does it belong?
- Note three characteristics of this Label the characteristics as 1, 2, and 3.
- Who was the protagonist?
- Who was the antagonist?
- In one sentence, what is the central message(s) of this motion picture?
- Write about camera angles, lighting, narration and/or editing and how they contribute to creating an atmosphere in this film. What is the mood or tone of the film?
- Consider the soundtrack. Movie soundtracks are an accessible way for all types of people to engage with music–even orchestral music! Write about the soundtrack’s volume, mood, and importance to the
- Write about themes and/or symbols you find interesting
- Write about the critical aspects of the movie you did not appreciate. There are very few perfect films and you do not have to love every film you
- Would you watch this film again? Why?
If you’re stuck for ideas, try thinking about these optional prompts:
- How was color used?
- Did the shots flow together or were they jarring?
- Was the movie based on a true story, fiction, or a mix of the two?
- Note any crucial or repeated lines or famous
- Are there any myths about the movie’s creation? For example, THE WIZARD OF OZ has a ton of urban legends surrounding it. Even if the legends aren’t true, they may tell you about the movie’s
- Did the filmmakers intend for the movie to comment on contemporary politics or culture?
- How do the aspects of culture and society, customs and values including religion, class, politics, attitude, bias affect the film?