Reflection Paper Objectives:
- DNP prepared CRNAs should have a good understanding of health information systems, legislation and policy, ethics, system development, safety, and consumer use of health information.
- Examine our own strengths and weaknesses related to nursing informatics
- Think back to the beginning of this course. What kind of experience did you have with informatics [I did not thoroughly understand health informatics in its entirety]? What did you expect from the course [gain better understanding of how health informatics relates to my future career as a CRNA]? What did you hope to learn[gain better understanding of how health informatics relates to my future career as a CRNA]? Since completing this health informatics course,how do you see yourself now? Have you made changes in your opinions because ofcompleting this course in health informatics?
- Take some time to reflect on the course and these questions. Further, think about the directions we are headed in healthcare informatics. Where are we going? What are your hopes for the future?
- Be sure to incorporate concepts essential to health informatics. You may use popular news sources or academic journals to support your discussion as well.
- This is a reflectionpaper and is meant to trigger thoughtful reflection on the subject matter. The paper should be written in first person. There are no right or wrong answers, however format, grammar, and spelling do count!