CHOOSE one of the three classical arguments on the existence of God to focus on: ontological (Anselm), cosmological (Aquinas), or teleological (Paley).
ASSIGNMENT: WRITE A SOLID SHORT ESSAY
- Tell your reader that you will be exploring one of the classic arguments for the existence of God, and explain why you chose it
- Explain the argument to your reader (don’t assume they already know it)
- Tell your reader something about the nature of the kind of argument you chose
- Briefly explain the argument itself
- Briefly discuss major objections to the argument
- Provide your own response to the argument: was it useful for you in understanding your own position (believer or non-believer)?
- At least 300 words in total, double-spaced
- Provide a header on the first page, including your name, the course, my name, the date
- Provide a title and center it
- Use indented paragraphing to highlight the structure of your short essay
- Edit your work for clarity and organization before you submit it