Assume you are the director of a counseling center and you have been asked to prepare a FAQ handout on PTSD. This handout will be made available to military families who are to be reunited with returning veterans. The purpose of the handout is to help military families understand what to expect when their loved one returns home from a war zone and tips to help them better adapt to home life. Be sure to incorporate full color photos, stories, or statistics/figures. Include the following in your FAQ handout:
- What common reactions to war do service members experience?
- What common issues do families (spouses, partners, parents, siblings) of returning service
- members experience?
- What common issues do children experience (note age differences)?
- How can families prepare for the reunion?
- How can families positively cope with the transition?
- What warning signs indicate that service members may need professional assistance?
Also provide a list of three community resources that would be helpful to the military families.
Support your handout with at least five references from peer-reviewed journal articles. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.