Use only references provided. Follow my development paper. And follow the instructions provided and requirements. the example is not a great example but just to help you out a little bit.
This assignment will involve assessment of the scope of illicit opioid use problems [illicit pharmaceutical opioids, heroin, non-pharmaceutical fentanyl, etc.] in the local community you reside, focusing on the county or city -level data. The report should also include an overview of the associated local policy, prevention or intervention measures and resources that exist in the local communities to address opioid use problems. Your report should include information to address the following key content areas:
- Section 1: Introducing the area.Include a brief description and basic demographic information of the area that your report is focusing on.
- Section 2: Describing the data sources. Include a brief description of the data sources that you are using on the local opioid use trends. Include details such as the year when the data were collected and geography that it covers [e.g., county-level data, state-level?]
- Section 3: Describing the trends.What current data [or the latest available reports] show about the local [county or city level] opioid use trends and associated problems? Discuss different types of opioids, if such information is available. Include information about indicators of concurrent opioid and other drug use. What is the overall trend of opioid use indicators? What information is available about the socio-demographic characteristics of individuals who use non-prescribed pharmaceutical opioids, heroin, fentanyl-type drugs?
- Section 4. Comparing to national trends.How do local data compare to available national indicators of opioid use and associated adverse consequences, such as overdose deaths ?
- Section 5. Available services and resources.Describe local policy initiatives, substance use treatment services, harm reduction and other services that are available at the local level to address the harms associated with opioid use and to hep people recover. Reflect on what additional resources and services are needed.
The report should be about 10 pages or 2,500 words long [no less that 2,000 but no more than 3,000 words], excluding references.
To format references, use American Psychological Association 7th edition guidelines: https://libguides.asu.edu/citing/APA
Make sure you use references consistently to document articles, books, and web-based sources of the information you use in your report. Use quotes as needed, but be careful to not overuse them [instead paraphrase information to avoid excessive use of direct quotes].
Written report must:
- be about2,500 words or 10 pages long [no less than 2,000 words but no more than 3,000, excluding title and references];
- use 1 inch margins, be double spaced, and be typed in a 12 point Times New Roman font;
- The language must be clear, contain no grammatical errors/spelling mistakes. Pay attention to logical organization and flow of ideas.
- Before submitting your paper, please proofread and revise. You will lose points for poor grammar, lack of clarity and/or for inadequate organization and formatting of your text or references.
You must work independently on this assignment. Any plagiarism will be dealt with harshly, and your paper will be checked with anti-plagiarism software. Any reports that have identical wording indicating that one or more students copied and pasted the same information, will receive zero points.
Plagiarism includes copying and pasting verbatim other people’s work without giving them credit, i.e., not including a citation. You are also not allowed to have entire paragraphs that are copied and pasted from external sources as then you did not technically write the paper. The majority of this paper must be in your own words.
Completion of this report is worth a total of 100 points.
Final Term Paper Rubric
|Final Term Paper Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent Section 1: Introducing the Area||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent Section 2: Describing the data sources||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent Section 3: Describing the trends||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent Section 4: Reflection and Practical Implications||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGeneral Writing Mechanics||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA Style||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFormatting
Font, spacing, margins
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAvoiding Stigmatizing Language||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWord Count||