This assignment entails students completing assigned readings and self-assessment and reflecting on the findings. Students will then create a self care plan to promote individual holistic health and wellness. This paper will be no more than 12 pages long, including a title and a reference page and will be formatted to 7th edition APA specifications. Use the content headers below as your levels of heading for the paper.
Assigned Reading & Resources:
Shields, D. A. & Stout-Shaffer, S. (2022). Self-development: The foundation of holistic self-care. In M. A. B. Helming, D. A. Shields, K. M. Avino& W. E. Rosa (Eds.), Dossey & Keegan’s Holistic nursing: A handbook for practice (pp. 179 – 198). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
McElligott, D., Avino, K. M., Dossey, B. M. & Luck, S. (2022). Self-assessments. In M. A. B. Helming, D. A. Shields, K. M. Avino& W. E. Rosa (Eds.), Dossey & Keegan’s Holistic nursing: A handbook for practice(pp. 199 – 212).Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Prior to completing the assignment:
- Complete the assigned readings
- Complete the Integrative Health and Wellness Assessment(IHWA) within Dossey & Keegan’s Holistic Nursing (2022) Chapter11pages 202-206.
- Review and reflect on the results of theIHWA.Think about how the information guides you to areas of strength and areas for improvement in your self-care. Use the information, reflection and your current situation to create a self-care plan.
- Introduction Paragraph
- Present an introduction paragraph with a thesis statement for the paper.
- Self-Care Assessment and Plan
- Reflect on the results of your assessments
- Provide an overview of the results. Reflect on the areas assessed. Are there areas that you consider important to self-care that were missed? Are there areas that were included that surprised you? Did the assessments provide a holistic evaluation of your self-care ability?
- Identify three areas of strength and three growth areas. For each area,describe:
- Describe the threestrength areas and how you plan tomaintain these strengths to support health and balance.
- Describe the three growth areas and potential health behaviors that couldlead you to life patterns that reflect health and balance.
- Choose one area of strength and describe:
- Two specific strategies you will use to maintain this area.
- Describe why you chose this one area as your priority for maintaining
- Choose one are for growth and describe:
- Two specific actions to change health behaviors in this one Be realistic about what you can accomplish. You do not need to make changes in all areas at one time.
- Describe why you chose this one area as your priority
- Reflective Exercises
- Review the Reflective Exercises in Chapter 10 (in boxes throughout the chapter).
- Choose oneexercise to practice. Share your experience with this practice. How often did you do it? How did it make you feel? Will you consider implementing this practice into your schedule on a regular basis in the future? If not, is there another practice you will try?
- Provide a conclusion section to the paper. Include the importance/relevance of self care and what you learned during this reflection on self-care.
- Reference Page
- Include references utilized for this paper.
|Category||Available Points||Your Score/Comments|
|Provide an overview of the results of your assessments. Be sure to include information from both assessments. Did the results give a holistic picture of your self-care behaviors and potential? Describe any areas in your life that were not included but you feel add to your self-care ability.||20|
|Describe three strength areas and how you plan to maintain these strengths to support health and balance.
Describe three growth areas and potential health behaviors that could lead you to life patterns that reflect health and balance.
|Describes how strong current behaviors will be maintained||15|
|Describes new health behaviors which reflect health and balance||15|
|Describes reflective practice and responses to the questions.||15|
|Writing mechanics (Grammar, flow, punctuation)||8|