NUR 499: Clinical Requirement Grading: Pass/Fail
Assignment: Interview a Nurse Leader: Due Week 6
This assignment utilizes all six of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies:
- Patient-Centered Care: Recognize the patient or designee as the source of control and full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for patient’s preferences, values, and
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient
- Evidence Based Practice: Integrate best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences and values for delivery of optimal health Quality Improvement: Use data to monitor the outcomes of care processes and use improvement methods to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care systems.
- Quality Improvement: Use data to monitor the outcomes of care processes and use improvement methods to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care
- Safety: Minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual
- Informatics: Use information and technology (IT) to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision
- The student will interview a nurse leader (nurse manager, nurse leader, nurse administrator, or nurse educator) during their capstone/preceptorship
- The student will write a synopsis of the answers provided in a
- The paper should be 4 -5 pages in length and typed using size 12 font and double-spaced.
- The student is to observe rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation and demonstrate a good writing
style and flow as established by the APA Style Manual 7th ed.
The student is to interview the nurse leader using the following questions so that the student can describe the processes which occur in the clinical setting related to the QSEN competencies.
- To what extent do nursing staff of this unit/organization support patient-centered care of individuals and families whose values differ than their own? Are there any barriers? How can it be improved?
- Describe the nursing and inter-professional teams that operate on this unit/department/organization.
- Provide an example of a nursing practice that has been changed in the last year based on current best
- Provide an example of how a negative outcome that occurred within the last year was used to change practice and improved patient
- How are national safety guidelines implemented on this unit?
- Have there been any challenges with the Electronic Medical Records used? If so, provide the two main issues identified with the Electronic Medical Records?
Evaluation Description Grading Criteria: P/F
- Complete answers to the above questions
- APA, grammar, and spelling
Total number of clinical hours for this assignment: 4 hours Articles: 2 to attach
Adapted from the QSEN Institute Peterson, Kathleen (2013)