By the end of this module, you will meet these learning objectives:
- Identify the purpose of various basic financial statements
- Explain the importance of cash flow management
- Discuss the role of financial calculations in analyzing and interpreting results
In this module, you will select a company for your Project Two Journal, and you will begin the process of analyzing financial statements.
Financial analysts use ratio analysis to understand a company’s financial health. This foundational knowledge helps to inform important decisions to advance the company’s objectives. Often, financial analysts will analyze ratios and other financial calculations for a company across multiple fiscal years or even fiscal quarters, which are consecutive three-month periods within a fiscal year. This module introduces you to some of the most important ratios and key concepts in financial analysis.
Module at a Glance
This is the recommended plan for completing the reading assignments and activities within the module. Additional information can be found in the module Resources section and on the module table of contents page.
- Review the module resources.
- Submit your MyFinanceLab assignment.
- Submit your journal assignment.
- Review the Project One and Project Two Guidelines and Rubrics