In this task, you will be required to CRITICALLY EVALUATE research from areas of the biological bases of behaviour, and use the research to propose solutions to a global health issue that is directly aligned to a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG Goal #3). Your response will take the form of a population-based case study analysis.
1. Category: Digital Neuropsychology
– The health challenge topics in this section align to Sustainable Development Goal #3, to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all ages.
Digital neuropsychology provides new approaches for measuring and monitoring neuropsychological functioning (including computerized neuropsychological assessment devices). In this topic you will RECOMMEND the potential uses for digital neuropsychology (including computerized neuropsychological assessment devices) in the diagnosis, or treatment, or rehabilitation of a neurological condition aligned to the currently recognised global health challenge of good health and well-being.
2. Focus Population Group: Diagnosis AND treatment of adults with Multiple Sclerosis. (Identify the challenge for the particular case study and population option, and formulate a research question to focus on, including the methodological approaches and research inclusions and exclusions for the literature review. The focus you chose MUST RELATE to neurobiology.)
3. Format to follow for your Lit Review on the Case Study:
a) The first section of your submission will provide an overview of the case study, and the overarching aim of your analysis of it. This should include relevant context such as relevant epidemiological factors (i.e. global and local prevalence and incidence), diagnostic factors, and, causative and protective factors. Write this first as you will use this synopsis to formulate the scope of your literature review. Be sure to include concise information to inform the reader about the population and the challenge (recommended word limit: 200).
b) Detail your research question because the research question will determine the review method, the literature sourced, and the focus. A research question in this context is the stated aim/focus of the review that you have set out to have answered by the review process. At this point, detail the inclusion/exclusion criteria for the literature (this is how you determine what literature to include in the review), and explain the reasoning behind these considerations. Use this as an opportunity to really define your review aim (recommended word limit: 200).
c) Present your evidence-based literature review, critically evaluating the research as it applies to your case study, your aim, and your research question; and provide discussion on behavioural neuroscience evidence-based SOLUTIONS and RECOMMENDATIONS to the identified issue. Depending on topic and focus, your critical evaluation might involve, for example, weighing up the balance of the evidence in relation to what has been shown to work or not work and then provide a clearly stated determination for the reader (recommended word limit: 900).
d) The final section of your submission will provide a succinct overview of your findings of the literature review, and your recommended behavioural neuroscience evidence-based solution(s) to the challenge as it applies to the target population (recommended word limit: 200).
• The focus of ALL submission MUST be on NEUROBIOLOGY. You must focus on DIGITAL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF ADULTS WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS.
• You must adhere to APA 7 formatting requirements, including in-text citations and referencing.