In your own words, summarize the key points of each reading and offer a short reflection. How do these readings relate to each other and/or to our in-class discussions? Submit as a 300-400 word text. For a short assignment such as this one, prioritize your own words and thoughts. Keep quotes and close paraphrases to a minimum.
Suggested prompt questions as follows. Note that you do not need to respond to all of these questions. Rather, use these to guide your reading and reflection:
- Does “inclusion” and/or “inclusivity” as discussed in Yerichuk and Krar align with the usage of these terms in the UTSC Strategic Plan? Explain.
- What does Tan mean by the “dialogic process”? Would you describe this project as “inclusive”? Why or why not?
- What resources (human, financial, infrastructure) were required to carry out the project described by Tan?
- What criteria does Tan use to evaluate the success of this project? Would you suggest additional criteria?
- Does either of these readings engage with decolonization? If so, in what way? How does the author describe the role of community music in decolonization?