Discussion: United Flight 232
Fault or Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA) takes Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) by determining the effect of a component failure on a system, subsystem, or personnel.
This week’s discussion is based upon the video Seconds From Disaster United Airlines Flight 232 (YouTube/45:46)
On July 19, 1989, the tail-mounted No. 2 engine of United Airlines Flight 232 exploded, causing serious damage to the aircraft’s hydraulic systems and leaving the flight controls unusable.
As you watch the video identify hazards relating to the failed aircraft system. In your initial post use the risk assessment format in Chapter 11 pgs. 141-142 of the textbook to explain:
In responses to classmates provide a recommendation for mitigating one hazard identified based on system safety precedence provided in Chapter 2 pgs. 20-21 of the textbook. Explain why the mitigation method was chosen.
Please meet the following criteria for discussion posts:
-Post should be a minimum of 200-300 words grammatically sound.
-Your main response should be an in-depth analysis or interpretation.
Change Management Plan
In this assignment, you will combine the previous four assignments into a proposal that you could present to the executive leadership and board members. You will argue the value of the change management plan to the overall success of the organization. Add to your previous submissions a plan for sustaining the change in the long run.
Write a 7 page paper in which you:
Section I: Organization: Describe the organization and comment on the HR change that the organization should make. Utilize effective diagnostic tools to assess the organization’s ability to change. Support assertions with theoretical evidence.
American Government Research Project
Your goal for this research project is to understand the ideological framework and political positions of the Federalists and
Anti-Federalists during the early days of American government and to make an argument for whether either would support the modern American government after centuries of constitutional changes and amendments. Your paper will focus on each branch of government and the changes each has gone through since the writing of the Constitution.
Your 2–3-page research project should address the following key topics:
1. Introduction—Provide an overview of both the Federalists’ and Anti-Federalists’ positions on the government. Reference key thinkers and political writings of each position. Briefly state, for each branch of government, whether the Federalists and Anti-Federalists of early America would support its current power and capabilities. Later in your paper, you’ll go into more detail about why they would or wouldn’t.
2. The Executive Branch—How have the powers of the Executive Branch changed since the writing of the Constitution? What was the stance of both the Federalists and Anti-Federalists at that time? Create an argument for the position of the Federalists and Anti-Federalists regarding the modern-day Executive Branch. Your argument should reference specific amendments, legal cases, or precedents to support it.
3. The Legislative and Judicial Branches—How have the powers of the Legislative and Judicial Branches changed since the writing of the Constitution? What was the stance of both the Federalists and Anti-Federalists at that time? Create an argument for the position of the Federalists and Anti-Federalists regarding the
modern-day Legislative and Judicial Branches. Your argument should reference specific amendments, legal cases, or precedents to support it.
Your paper should use 1-inch margins, 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, and be double spaced.
Case Study Analysis
An understanding of cells and cell behavior is a critically important component of disease diagnosis and treatment. But some diseases can be complex in nature, with a variety of factors and circumstances impacting their emergence and severity.
Effective disease analysis often requires an understanding that goes beyond isolated cell behavior. Genes, the environments in which cell processes operate, the impact of patient characteristics, and racial and ethnic variables all can have an important impact.
An understanding of the signals and symptoms of alterations in cellular processes is a critical step in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. For APRNs, this understanding can also help educate patients and guide them through their treatment plans.
In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify cell, gene, and/or process elements that may be factors in the diagnosis, and you explain the implications to patient health.
The Assignment (1- to 2-page case study analysis)
Develop a 1- to 2-page case study analysis in which you:
- Explain why you think the patient presented the symptoms described.
- Identify the genes that may be associated with the development of the disease.
- Explain the process of immunosuppression and the effect it has on body systems.
A 65-year-old obese African American male patient presents to his HCP with crampy left lower quadrant pain, constipation, and fevers to 101˚ F. He has had multiple episodes like this one over the past 15 years and they always responded to bowel rest and oral antibiotics. He has refused to have the recommended colonoscopy even with his history of chronic inflammatory bowel disease (diverticulitis), sedentary lifestyle, and diet lacking in fiber. His paternal grandfather died of colon cancer back in the 1950s as well. He finally underwent colonoscopy after his acute diverticulitis resolved. Colonoscopy revealed multiple polyps that were retrieved, and the pathology was positive for adenocarcinoma of the colon.
Be sure that your paper is no one than 1-2 content pages. You are to also include both a title page and a reference page. No more than 1-2 content pages.