At this point in the course, you have completed all the necessary sections of your business plan. Your task in this assignment is to create the final version of your plan. You will include all the previous assignments you have been working on and attach the financials.
The key to this assignment is to use the feedback you have received throughout the course to polish your plan to the point that you could confidently show it to investors and potential partners or customers. One new piece you will be including is a 1–2 page executive summary.
This assignment consists of two parts:
- Your final business plan (an MS Word document).
- Your final business plan financials (using the Business Plan Financials Excel Template).
To successfully complete this assignment, you must attach both documents to the submission area as separate files and then click Submit.
Reminders and Notes
- Your company, whether a startup company of your choosing or based on the snack food company scenario, will operate in a 100-mile radius from your home address. Your goal is to reach $1 million in sales by the end of the second year.
- Be sure to follow the guidelines, whether you chose the snack food company scenario or the company of your choice:
Part 1: Business Plan—Final
- The executive summary is a critical aspect of this assignment. Your ability to condense and highlight critical information about your chosen company to investors will determine whether they decide to invest in you and your company or not.
- Chapter 4, “The Executive Summary,” pages 53–66, provides information about writing the executive summary. You may write either a synopsis or a narrative summary. Pay particular attention to the:
- Executive Summary Plan Preparation Forms on pages 58–61.
- Sample Plans on pages 62–66.
In MS Word, construct a 10–20 page business plan in which you:
- Write a 1–2 page executive summary highlighting key aspects of each section of the business plan.
- Incorporate feedback to produce a comprehensive business plan for the product or business. Specifically, you will be combining all of the previous assignments and revising them to build your business plan:
- Week 3 Assignment: Company Overview and SWOT Matrix.
- Be sure to include all the headings from the assignment.
- Week 5 Assignment: Marketing Plan and Budget.
- Be sure to include all the headings from the assignment; the budget part of this assignment will be addressed in Section 2.
- Week 8 Assignment: Operations, Technology, Management, and Social Responsibility Plan (With Financials).
- Be sure to include all the headings from this assignment; the financials part of this assignment will be addressed in Part 2.
- The written section of the financials from the Week 8 discussion thread.
- Be sure to include any financial information that will help to convince the investors.
Format your assignment according to these requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
- Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- You must include headings in your paper for each major topic.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. All sources used must be listed in the source list page and have a corresponding in-text citation. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
- There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in this assignment.
Part 2: Business Plan Financials—Final
- Using the Business Plan Financials Excel Template, incorporate feedback from previous submissions to produce a comprehensive set of business plan financials the business’s first two years.
- Be sure to refer to the appropriate guidelines for valuable information about how to complete the business plan financials section of your assignment:
- Snack Food Company Guidelines [DOCX].
- Company of Your Choice Guidelines [DOCX].
- Specifically, you will want review and make sure you’ve thoroughly incorporated feedback you received from:
- Weeks 7 and 8 discussion threads.
- Part 2 of the Operations, Technology, Management and Organization, and Social Responsibility Plan (With Financials).
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Construct a business plan with an executive summary that justifies a clear concept, a management structure, a market need, competitive advantages, and financial projections.