NOTE: I will use software to compare your book review paper with existing documents on Internet. In case of partial or complete plagiarism, there will be ZERO tolerance. You will get ZERO for the paper. Please make sure that the paper is original and written in your own words. THE REVIEW of EXISTING REVIEWS is not ACCEPTABLE.
Your book review grade will be based on the following elements:
- Your notes on the book
- Book review report
- One-to-one oral discussion through 10 questions or a written exam
You will get up to 20 marks as bonus for your final exam grade based on your if you fulfill the requirements above.
If you fail to get 50 out of 100 in the written/oral exam for the book, you will get -10 points for the final exam.
Outline for the Book Review Paper
- Title Page
- Background [5 points]
- Summary [5 points]
- Economic Concepts, Theories, and Models [10 points]
- Notes and highlights on the book 
- Evidence or examples with your own comments [15 points]
- Critical review of the book’s arguments with your own view on the core arguments in the book [10 points]
- Language [5 points]
- Length [5 points]
- Concluding recommendation based on your own view of the book [5 points]
Submitting the physical copy of the book with notes and taking an Assessment
You are expected to highlight and/or stick some notes expressing your views of arguments while reading the book. That is evidence of how much you engage with the book while reading. You need to submit the book with notes to me a week before the oral discussion or written exam. You are also required to submit your written book review report before the assessment.