Document has the instructions and the second “coe” is the form it has to be completed on.
Among the most important aspects of English language proficiency development are the integration of ELL cultural values and beliefs into instruction and the differentiation of instruction to address specific learning needs of all students.
For this assignment, you will create a content area lesson plan that integrates the cultural values and beliefs of ELLs and utilizes components of Universal Design for Learning [UDL].
Using the “COE Lesson Plan Template” and the “Class Profile,” create at least one learning objective for your chosen level of students between grades K-8 that aligns with both Arizona academic and ELP standards.
Your lesson plan should include:
- Learning objectives aligned with academic standards and ELP standards.
- Integration of Universal Design for Learning to promote an inclusive classroom environment.
- Accommodations for cultural values and beliefs of students on the “Class Profile.”
- Differentiated instructional strategies and learning activities to address students’ language differences, giftedness, and special education needs [as listed on the “Class Profile”].
- Incorporation of technology to support English language development.
- Formative and summative assessments for the learning activities.
Your lesson plan must clearly express how the teacher will represent the concepts to be taught, how ELLs will express what they learn, and how they will be engaged throughout the lesson.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Must be less than 15% to pass