Please choose a movie that family oriented and that works for social work
MOVIE ANALYSIS PAPERS
Requirements for Movie Analysis
For each movie you select, papers will be 2-3 pages in length, APA style.
- Introduction & Description: What is the purpose of your paper? Select 2 relationships in the movieto focus on in your paper [ex: mom&son, couple, siblings, friends etc.] Briefly describe the relationships.
- Evaluate: Dissect this relationship: What are each other’s attitudes towards each other, both internal attitudes [level of respect, value, resentment, underlying hurt etc] and external attitudes [outward, obvious attitude towards them.]
- If the internal and external attitudes differ, why do you think that is?
3a. If they are the same, what do you believe is the root cause of those attitudes and behaviors toward that person? [for each relationship you choose]
- Pretend you are the social worker working with this family/couple, what social work ethics would apply in your work with each of those relationships? [SW code of ethics]
- What are the cultural considerations you must take into consideration? [obstacles that could arise with different cultures, race, beliefs, religion etc.]
- Conclusion: What would be your goal in working with that family? What are the strengths of this family/relationship that could be utilized in your work with them? What are weaknesses that could present as obstacles in your work with them? What steps would you take to achieve that goal? What referrals would you provide to help with what they’re needing?