Assignment # 2-BNongovernmental Organization profile
- Select a NGO and provide facts: mission/ purpose; specific global focus with examples of which health needs/ diseases they address
- What services do they provide [is it more advisory or hand-on; is it educational; emergency relief or long-term projects?] Give at least four examples of services provided.
- Explain their success[or lack of] regarding their identified purpose/ focus- provide statistics indicating effectiveness and/or the numbers of untreated/ unresolved cases
- Describe their resources in terms of people [medical and non-medical]; supplies; funding sources. Check a Charity Navigator site to determine how much of donations go to the services/ populations
- Identify which vulnerable populations and which global areas they work in- what is their identified rationale for selecting this population.
- Describe unmet needs and gaps. Analyze why these unmet needs/ gaps exist.
- How can nurses connect with this organization/ whatroles can nurses play? Identify four specific actions.
- Be sure PowerPoint presentation slides are visually attractive and present content clearly and effectively.
- Proposal should be a Power Point presentation 15-20 slides not including cover page and reference page; Follow APA 7th edition guidelines. Reference and cover pages must also be formatted in APA 7th Consider the Sustainable development goals when selecting the global health issue.
This assignment will be uploaded to DB for peer feedback; and uploaded as an assignment.