Reflective Journal Criteria:
Address the following in the reflective journal:
1. Describe a clinical situation, in detail, when you became emotionally charged. Who was it, when did it happen, what happened, what caused it to happen, where did it happen, how did it happen?
2. Elaborate on how you managed anxieties, feelings, prejudices, and biases.
3. Elaborate on awareness developed during the clinical experience.
4. Describe any changes you will implement because of the clinical experience.
5. Describe how the clinical situation could impact on your role as an advanced practice nurse.
6. The reflective journal should be in narrative format and 1-2 pages excluding the title page.
7. Include an introductory paragraph.
8. The reflective journal does not require a purpose statement and a conclusion.
9. Include level 1 and/or 2 headings to organize the paper.
10. The paper can be written in first person as it is a reflective assignment.
11. No references required. If used, include a reference page and in-text citations.
12. APA format required [attention to spelling/grammar, a title page].