• Find three academic sources relevant to your topic. Use Google Scholar to find them.
• Reference each source using Harvard referencing style.
• Evaluate each source to determining its relevance to your topic.
• Annotate each source – Write about 100 words on each source.
o Summarize the main points and arguments.
o Assess the reliability and authority of each source.
o Reflect on how this source will [or will not] inform your topic, i.e. which aspects are important to your research, how it fits with other sources [does it discuss similar points or does it present a different perspective? etc.]
• Organise your annotated bibliography entries alphabetically according to ‘author’.
• Submit the annotated bibliography using the ‘Annotated Bibliography Submission Document’.
Some useful suggestions
o What other useful sources can you find in the reference lists of your chosen sources?
o Are you able to identify authors who have written on the topic?
Assessment: Annotated Bibliography